Professor of Labour Relations
UQAM is seeking qualified candidates to join its faculty and ensure quality development in all areas of activity.
The Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM) is world-renowned. The School of Management (ESG UQAM) is UQAM’s largest faculty with 300 professors, 3 Canada Research Chairs, 12 Research Partnership Chairs and 6 inter-university research centres. The School of Management (ESG UQAM)’s Department of Organization and Human Resources is comprised of 45 professors from a variety of disciplinary backgrounds, including human resources management, organizational behaviour, labour relations, industrial and organizational psychology, organizational development, and social and collective business management.
All Department of Organization and Human Resources job postings can be found at https://orh.esg.uqam.ca/offres-demploi/
- Perform research in labour relations and related fields
- Teach and supervise labour relations students at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate levels
- Perform community services (activities that contribute to the university’s operations and community outreach)
- PhD in administration, industrial relations, labour law, labour sociology, labour economics or relevant field
- Research achievements and ability to disseminate findings, as proven by scientific publications and communications
- Ability to teach labour relations, in particular, courses related to labour laws, collective agreements, collective bargaining and the Quebec labour relations system, to students at all three academic levels
- Knowledge of the Quebec labour relations system
- Interest in and capacity for multidisciplinary teamwork
- Proven capacity to work independently and prioritize projects, with strong self-management skills and sense of professional ethics
- Fluent in French, both written and spoken*
- Professional experience in labour relations
* The successful candidate must demonstrate a functional mastery of the French language (ability to teach in French) before the starting date. Adequate proficiency in the French language (level C1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages) is required to obtain tenure in accordance with the provisions of the UQAM-SPUQ’s collective agreement. French-language classes may be offered.
STARTING DATE: June 1, 2021
SALARY: Based on the UQAM-SPUQ collective agreement
The Université du Québec à Montréal supports equal access to employment. If you are a woman, a member of a visible minority, a member of an ethnic group, an Indigenous person or a person with a disability who meets the requirements of this position, UQAM invites you to apply. We encourage people who identify with any of these groups to complete the Identification Questionnaire at the link below and attach it to their application: www.rhu.uqam.ca/visitors/egalite (French only). Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a detailed, dated and signed resumé in French, along with a cover letter (two pages maximum), three letters of reference, a summary of their research plan (three pages maximum), a teaching philosophy (three pages maximum) and student evaluations of teaching BEFORE 5 P.M. (EST) ON OCTOBER 15 to:
Joanne Renaud, Executive Secretary
Department of Organization and Human Resources
School of Management (ESG UQAM)
Université du Québec à Montréal
Phone: 514-987-3000 ext. 3396
If you not found any contact details to apply this job in above description , please use below given option to send CV direct to recruiter.