Post-doctoral Fellowship in Perinatal Clinical Epidemiology
Research funds from a Canada Research Chair position and Canadian Institutes of Health Research grants have become available for a post-doctoral position in the Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology/Health Research Methods, Evidence, and Impact (HEI, formerly Clinical Epidemiology), to lead perinatal clinical epidemiology studies to improve the health of women and infants.
An hour’s drive from both downtown Toronto and Niagara-on-the-Lake, McMaster University resides in the heart of Southern Ontario. Hamilton is a beautiful city with stunning natural sites, a thriving arts & culinary scene, and a rich history. McMaster, home to the world-renowned Department of Clinical Epidemiology (HEI), the Cochrane Canada Centre and the GRADE approach. HEI has a series of rounds and educational opportunities. Among over 18,000 universities, McMaster ranked in the top 1% of the World Universities Rankings. McMaster is Canada’s most research-intensive university, with a total research income of $379,900,000 (2017), averaging $434,700 per faculty member – more than double the national average!
The successful candidate will be jointly supervised in a vibrant, collaborative environment by Dr. Sarah McDonald, holder of a prestigious Canada Research Chair, a perinatal clinical epidemiologist and high-risk obstetrician. We seek highly motivated applicants having a Ph.D. in (Bio)Statistics, Clinical Epidemiology, or very closely-related field, who are able to work both as part of a team and independently. Assets include experience in research in medicine, particularly obstetrics or neonatology, and working with data sets using ICD-10 coding and with linked data sets at ICES, particularly in perinatal health.
Primary responsibilities involve development and application of advanced analytic techniques using large perinatal data sets examining both maternal and infant outcomes, designing and executing cohort and other studies, co-authoring manuscripts and being involved in grant application preparation. Opportunities include collaborations with other departments, centres, provinces and internationally, and gaining experience writing research grants and supervising students. The position is tailored to the applicant’s career goals.
Appointment will be for 1-3 years dependent on candidate goals, fit and productivity. Salary is commensurate with qualifications.
Interested applicants should email (Subject: “PDF in perinatal clinical epidemiology) each of the following, numbered and titled per italics below (Only complete applications will be considered):
- curriculum vitae, including complete list of all publications, separately a list of publications in non-predatory journals, grant funding, and awards, month/year of start and completion of degrees and current position (or, please indicate if currently unaffiliated)
- letter (expressing why you are interested and career goals),
- transcripts (for each degree, notarized, translated into English, as necessary)
- course descriptions and duration (for all statistical/epidemiological courses, including #hours),
- publications (3 key English ones),
- references (names, titles, both email and telephone#)
Within the body of your email, include:
- Where you saw this posting
- For each degree:
- Degree name
- Start month/year
- End month/year
- Thesis title
- Description of research experience detailing tasks for which you were solely responsible
- Description of experience working with linked data sets at ICES, particularly in the area of perinatal health
- a table showing # peer-reviewed English publications on which you are (full text only in non-predatory journals; not abstracts):
- First author
- Senior/last author
- Co-author (except senior/last)
- Amount (currency, total) of peer-reviewed funding as:
- Principal Investigator
Dr. Sarah McDonald
Canada Research Chair
Departments of Obstetrics & Gynecology, Radiology, and Health Research Methods, Evidence, and Impact
Mrs. Leah Macdonald
We thank all applicants, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
If you not found any contact details to apply this job in above description , please use below given option to send CV direct to recruiter.