Health Economics and Outcomes Research (HEOR) Ltd is an independent consultancy specialising in the application of health economic techniques to support pharmaceutical pricing, health technology assessment (HTA) and value assessment, reimbursement, and market access activities. We are a team of 70 researchers in the UK and Germany who specialise in developing, testing and implementing disease models, collection and analysis of clinical trial and real-world healthcare data, and systematic literature reviews and meta-analysis. Our clients are global pharmaceutical companies and our projects span across many disease and therapy areas.
Role and Responsibilities
HEOR continues to expand and we would like to recruit a motivated, inquisitive and ambitious Data Scientist/Researcher to join our Data Science and Analytics Team. This person will contribute to the design and analysis of projects using real-world healthcare data to better understand disease activity, treatment patterns and patient outcomes. They will be part of a thriving and innovative team undertaking research using automation, optimisation, advanced visualisation and machine learning.
- Masters in a quantitative subject (e.g. computer science, data science, statistics, mathematics, biostatistics, biomedical engineering, epidemiology, population health, public health).
- Practical experience in using R.
- Experience in applying statistical methods to investigate real-world problems (e.g. data modelling, predictive analytics and time to event analysis).
- Systematic approach to problem solving, including identification of root causes and solutions.
- Enjoys working independently, flexibly and as part of a the team on multiple projects.
- Enthusiastic and professional approach to working with colleagues, clients and external collaborators.
- Practical experience in programming languages other than R (e.g. Python, SQL, advanced Microsoft Excel using Visual Basic for Application, SAS).
- Experience in applying machine learning techniques.
- Experience in analysing large healthcare datasets.
- Ideally 1+ years of relevant experience in healthcare, biotechnology and/or pharmaceutical industry.
Main job responsibilities
- Contribute to drafting of project proposals.
- Contribute to project conceptualisation and design.
- Undertake analysis of healthcare data, including clinical trial datasets and electronic health records, using established and novel statistical and analytical techniques.
- Contribute to drafting of technical and study reports, user guides and slide decks.
- Contribute to drafting of manuscripts for publishing in high-impact peer-reviewed journals, and abstracts and presentations for international conferences.
- Actively manage own activity and time on projects.
- Work collaboratively within the Data team and across HEOR Ltd, with clients and external collaborators.
- Contribute to client and internal meetings as necessary.
- Other duties reasonably required by HEOR Ltd.
- Competitive salary
- Opportunity to join Company Private Health Insurance scheme
- Friendly, flexible working environment
We have offices in Cardiff and Birmingham (with remote working at present). Permanent remote working will also be considered for the right person.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
If you not found any contact details to apply this job in above description, please use below given option to send CV direct to recruiter.