Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA)
Come Join Our Healthcare Family!!
Competitive Wages! AM, PM and NOC shifts available. New ownership with a growing team committed to success!
Do you want stability and longevity in your career? Are you dedicated to resident care and looking for competitive compensation?! If YES? Heritage Square Health Care Center is looking for YOU!
Heritage Square Health Care Center is a skilled nursing home facility and takes pride in providing our residents with an amazing experience. We have an incredible tight-knit family of caregivers that serves our residents everyday with compassion, care and a positive attitude! We value and work hard to appreciate our caregivers because we recognize they are the foundation of our organization. We would love for you to join that family!
Here at Heritage Square Health Care Center, we rely on and trust our CNA to perform direct patient care and create a compassionate environment. In this role, the core of your care will be ensuring that all of our customers are treated with dignity and respect. You will empower our patients, recognizing their ability to make their own choices while guiding them with kindness and understanding through challenging times. As our first point of contact with patients and families, you’ll encourage communication and interaction, creating a supportive network.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide quality nursing care to residents in an environment which promotes their rights, dignity, freedom of choice, and their individuality as illustrated by the following:
- Provide individualized attention which encourages each resident?s ability to maintain or attain the highest practical physical, mental, and psychosocial well being.
- Knowledgeable of the individualized care plan for residents and provide support to the resident according to the care plan. Contribute to the care planning process by providing the charge nurse or other care planning staff with specific information and observations of the residents? needs and preferences.
- Attend to the individual needs of residents which may include assistance with grooming, bathing, oral hygiene, feeding, incontinent care, toileting, colostomy care, prosthetic appliances, transferring, ambulation, range of motion, communicating, or other needs in keeping with the individuals? care requirements, and scope of practice.
- Maintain the comfort, privacy, and dignity of each resident in the delivery of services to them. Interact with residents in a manner that displays warmth and promotes a caring environment.
- Fully understand all aspects of residents? rights, including the right to be free of restraints and free of abuse. Responsible for promptly reporting to the charge nurse or administrative staff incidents or evidence of resident abuse or violation of residents? rights.
- Assist in maintaining a safe, neat, and clean environment; report environmental deficiencies to the charge nurse such as lighting or equipment problems.
- Protect the personal belongings of each resident including eyeglasses, dentures, hearing aids, furnishings, jewelry, clothing, memorabilia, etc. Promptly report missing items according to established policy and participate in efforts to locate missing items.
- Observe residents for changes in condition or behavior and promptly report these changes to appropriate licensed nursing personnel.
- Provide care that maintains each resident?s skin integrity to prevent pressure ulcers, skin tears, and other damage by changing incontinent residents, turning, repositioning immobile residents, and applying moisturizers to fragile skin, etc.
- Answer residents? call bells promptly and courteously.
- Perform various tasks assigned by the charge nurse including vital signs, residents? weights, applying creams/ointments, collecting specimens, etc.
- Assist with orienting residents and their families to the nursing home upon admission and to the unit when transfers occur.
- Lift, move, and transport residents, using proper body mechanics or lifting devices for accident prevention.
- Communicate and interact effectively and tactfully with the resident, visitors, families, peers, and supervisors.
- Assist and escort residents for appointments such as beauty shop, activities, church services, etc. Participate in activities and functions as directed.
- Practice careful, efficient, and no-wasteful use of supplies and linen and follow established charge procedures for resident charge items.
- Complete certified nursing assistant records documenting care provided or other information in keeping with department policies.
- Perform all job responsibilities in accordance with prescribed safety and infection control procedures including thorough hand washing, use of disposable gloves where indicated, and proper disposal of soiled materials.
- Respond to inquiries relating to his/her particular area or to requests from residents, visitors, other personnel, etc., within given time frames and within established policy.
- Assist the immediate supervisor with various administrative tasks to support department operations as directed: may also be assigned special projects.
- Perform tasks which are supportive in nature to the essential functions of the job, but which may be altered or redesigned depending upon individual circumstances.
- Meet ongoing requirements to maintain current certified nursing assistant certifications.
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Interacts with residents, families, visitors, facility and corporate staff.
- Carries out other tasks as requested in situations where hands-on intervention/participation may be required.
- May be required to work rotating shifts, holidays, weekends, additional hours, and in different positions as the facility?s needs require.
- Must practice good personal hygiene and follow the dress code requirements.
- Must provide annual verification of a negative TB skin test as required.
- Support an atmosphere which promotes a homelike environment.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
- Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Confidentiality of all data, including resident, employee and operations data.
- Quality assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor, co-workers or residents regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with residents, family members and guests.
- Completes requirements for in-service training, acceptable attendance, uniform and dress codes including personal hygiene, and other work duties as assigned.
- A high school diploma or equivalent; successful completion of a state-approved Nursing Assistant Certification course or other education which meets state certification requirements. Must hold current Nursing Assistant Certifications in the state in which he/she is practicing or be eligible to obtain.
- Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
- Must possess good verbal and written communication skills.
- Must possess the ability to maintain composure and interact courteously and professionally.
- Must be knowledgeable of resident rights and ensures an atmosphere which allows for the privacy, dignity and well-being of all residents in a safe, secure environment.
5404 W Loomis Rd, Greendale, WI 53129, USA
If you not found any contact details to apply this job in above description, please use below given option to send CV direct to recruiter.